“Rest and learn” an innovative project
Ogonki and the Węgorzewo commune will be enriched with a new health tourism facility called “Rest and learn”. A contract for co-financing the project, which will be implemented by a consortium of entrepreneurs, has just been signed. The consortium leader is Avista Consulting and Management from Warsaw.
On September 30, 2020, at the headquarters of the Polish Agency for Enterprise Development, representatives of the consortium signed the agreement for co-financing “Rest and learn” project under sub-measure 1.3.2. “Creating network products by SMEs of the Operational Program Eastern Poland for 2014-2020”. Out of 13 projects that received a grant, our project was the 2nd best. The total amount of the grant provided from European Union funds and the state budget for the implementation of the project exceeds PLN 26 million.
The project will be implemented by a consortium composed of:
- Avista Consulting and Management Sp. z o.o. from Warsaw
- Sea Development Sp. z o.o. from Kutno
- ILC International Language Center Poland Sp. z o.o. from Warsaw
- Unitedsky Sp. z o.o. from Warsaw
The “Rest and Learn” center will be an innovative tourism product combining effective vocational education (i.e. gastronomy training in cooperation with Italian Universita dei Sapori from Perugia, intensive language courses in ‘language village’ form and flight courses at Warmia- Masurian airports) with active relaxation in modern well-equipped facilities using natural resources of Masuria, and with lifestyle coaching. As part of the latter, guests will have the opportunity to get a health check and they will be offered an individualized spa and wellness package. All this so that they can really relax , tune their lifestyle to improve their psychophysical condition. Each guest will also be supported with on-site dietary counseling and physical activities matching their current health condition.
In accordance with the motto of the facility, “Rest and Learn”, as part of their service package, guests will be offered the following:
- hotel and catering,
- training in the field of lifelong learning (gastronomy, foreign languages, piloting),
- recreational and sports activities by providing facilities and equipment for recreation and practicing sports, whether amateur or competitive, including water sports equipment,
- paramedical (spa, wellness, biological regeneration) and medical services (health balance),
- other (group events).
The innovative aspect of the project is confirmed by opinion of scientists from the Vienna University of Technology.
The project is based on the tourism potential of the village of Ogonki on the shores of Lake Święcajty, which is the location of the property project will be implemented as a result of which 45 new jobs will be created.
The following sports and tourism infrastructure will be built under the auspices of the project:
- hotel facility with 108 beds with an indoor swimming pool and water-sports equipment rental (yachts, kayaks, pedal boats)
- a spa and wellness facility with a diagnostic laboratory, kinesiotherapy and physical therapy rooms, a fitness room and a gym, and biological regeneration devices, such as a hyperbaric chamber, cryo-stimulation and light therapy devices.
- training facility with 9 training laboratories, including 2 foreign language laboratories, 6 rooms for gastronomy courses and 1 workshop with one of the most modern flight simulators in Poland, as well as a sports equipment rental (with bicycles, Nordic walking sticks, balls and other equipment for various sports) and a six-meter mobile climbing wall.
- a sports pitch with artificial grass and a tennis court with a polyurethane surface.